If you had a chance to join The Midnight Society would you?
Five spots remain in the new midnight society. Do you or does someone you know tell a great story?
Each Friday a different member will submit their story for the approval of the midnight society and for followers to read.
The New Midnight Society is currently taking submissions. Submit your best story which must be at least 1,000 words by March 1. All submissions will be posted and the five with the most LIKES after a week (March 8) will become members of The New Midnight Society. This is obviously voted for by anyone with a Tumblr account so if you are going to enter make sure you reblog your submission so you can get your followers to vote for you. The votes are being counted on likes alone, reblogs will not count as a vote. You are allowed to vote for yourself.
- Put your preferred name (doesn’t have to be your own, you can name yourself whatever you like), your age and where you are from before your story.
- All stories must be headed with”Submitted for the approval of the new midnight society”then introduce the title of the story.
- Must be at least 1,000 words and have a beginning, middle and an end. Can be as long as you like within reason (we don’t need a 30 page script).
- As on the show your story can be in the genres of horror, sci-fi, fantasy and paranormal.
- No continuations of any stories from the show.
- ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE YOUR OWN WORK.
As there are six members each member has five weeks to come up with a new story before their turn. It’s basically a 1,000 word one shot so it’s relatively easy. You are allowed to put your story in early if you finish it early or know you will be busy at the time your story is due.
Once the five members of The New Midnight Society are determined a roster (going old school and pulling names out of a hat) will be created to chose the order in which members will tell their stories. To give members time to come up with their second story the first rotation of the roster each member will have a character profile to fill out so everyone can get to know the members one per week.
If you aren’t much of a writer make sure to follow to keep up with the stories of The New Midnight Society. Best of luck to all.
Founder of The New Midnight Society.